Thursday, July 16, 2009

Virtual Games

The first time I heard about Second Life was when I was pregnant with my youngest son. I was home bound and I did not have anything to do except clean the house and take care of my family…For some, it’s a whole days work, but when the kids are at school and I’m done doing everything else-I tend to be very irritable.

My husband most of the time work from home-I would bother him often enough that he told me about Second Life. He said it would be great for me- for my “free time.”

Sure enough I became a member. It was so exciting at first…to be able to go about “virtually” in a world that everything is possible. I went to different places…met some people, a few of them are great friends now! Of course it takes a lot of your computer’s memory!

A week after my husband came home with a surprise for me. The Sims! A virtual game where people can make houses for themselves and get married, make babies, work…etc. But the most exciting part is the player being the god of everybody in the game!

I would play…play…until early morning, it gets so addicting! Another week came by, we went to Frys, I venture emmediately towards the simulation games. Got my husband to buy Civilization for me…played it once and then stopped, never touched it up to the present!

I was 8 months pregnant with my youngest, after getting tired of playing those virtual simulation games, I would sit beside my husband in the livingroom and watch him drive in GT 4. He urged me months back to try it, but looking at it-I swear I could never do it. I tired with the wireless controller, it was darn hard!

Daring me, my husband said I would never be able to learn how to play GT 4. I like taking photoshoot in different places, in GT 4 but I would always use B-spec. So I tried driving with the wheel. Soon I was racing with my husband and my kids too! We had a race game…and my oldest son and I being in the same team- WE WON! Hahaha….

Now, I have a collection of convertibles in GT 4…and I love to drive them, I just wish I could one in real life too…until then, I will keep on playing!


No comments: